Shyam specializes in all aspects of Revenue Law including Taxation, Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Law and Civil and Criminal Litigation.
Shyam is a graduate in Law from the University of London. He was called to the Bar of Mauritius in 2001. Shyam is also a graduate in Mathematics and an Accredited Mediator.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Shyam specializes in Revenue Law including Taxation. He regularly appears before the Assessment Review Committee, an appellate tribunal, which deals with tax, VAT and other revenue law matters in Mauritius.
Shyam also specialises in Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Law.
Shyam acts as counsel for :
- the Information and Communications Technologies Authority (ICTA), the national regulator and licensing authority for ICT Networks and Services. He regularly appears for the ICTA before the ICT Appeal Tribunal.
- the State Informatics Ltd, a state owned private company which is a leader in the provision of IT and business solutions in Mauritius and in Africa. In the field of ICT law, Shyam is called upon to deal with matters of licensing, regulation, network and cyber security, hardware and software contracts and licences, including all aspects of intellectual property related to software and digital contents as well as protection and processing of digital data.
- the Municipal Council of Quatre Bornes (MCQB), the local authority of an important town in Mauritius, where he advises mainly on procurement of goods and services, on legal aspects of licensing, planning and development of immoveable properties in the township.
- the MCQB before the Environment and Land Use Tribunal which hears disputes on matters of environment, planning and development and before the Independent Review Panel, a tribunal which hears challenges and appeals in matters of public procurement.
- Virgin Oil (Mts) Co. Ltd, the unique oil refinery in Mauritius and the Holiday Villages Management Co. Ltd, which owns and manages two villages of Club Med in Mauritius.
HIS ADDED VALUE
Shyam has an excellent practical approach and delivers optimal results to his clients.
- Mauritius Bar Association